Chatpatti Achari Birynai
|20 Mins||40-50 Mins||5-6|
Beef/chicken/mutton 500 gm
National basmati rice 3 cups (20 minutes soaked)
Onion medium 5 (thinly sliced)
Tomato 5 (cubed)
Yogurt 1- ¼ cups (beaten)
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Green chillies 6-8 (whole)
Green coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
Mint 2 tbsp (chopped)
Lemon 2 (sliced)
Oil/ghee 1-1/2 cups
National Chatpatti Achari Biryani Masala 1 packet
1. Fry onion in hot oil till golden brown. Reserve 2 tbsp fried onion.
2. Now add meat, ginger, garlic in remaining onion and cook for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add 2-3 glasses water or according to requirement (no need to add water in chicken).
4. And cook on slow heat until meat half tender.
5. Now add tomato, yogurt, chatpatti achari biryani masala and cook more until meat tender.
6. When oil/ghee separates from masala.
7. Add green chillies, green coriander, mint and lemon slices and remove from heat.
8. In a separate pot add 12 glasses water, 3 tbsp national salt and boil rice until 3 quarter cook.
9. In separate pan arrange layer of meat and rice; drop yellow food color.
10. Simmer first 5 minutes on high heat then slow down heat and keep 10 minutes.
11. Delicious chatpatti achari biryani is ready to serve with salad and raita.